Your Use of this part of the Site
You can browse our site without being a registered member. Placing an advert for your property or replying to an advert does require registration.
Provision of information
You must promptly provide LANCX (free of charge) with all information and co-operation which LANCX may reasonably require from time to time to enable LANCX to proceed uninterrupted with the operation of the website
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation on Liability
LANCX has no practical means to verify the currency, accuracy or completeness of the contents of this website systematically, and inevitably it will contain errors and omissions, and some of it will be out of date. Therefore LANCX does not endorse or represent the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any information provided on or by means of the site. The content is only for general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements or considered to be a recommendation of any kind by LANCX. You should not rely on the content in making any specific decisions especially important personal, financial or business decisions. You agree to consult professionals for advice that is specifically tailored to your particular circumstances. LANCX assumes no responsibility (whether as author, editor, publisher or otherwise) for the content and disclaims all liability in respect of your use of it. LANCX shall not be liable for any typographical or other errors or omissions in the Contents.
All links that connect this site with other sites are provided solely for your convenience and information and LANCX does not endorse or recommend any such sites. LANCX hereby excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all warranties, representations, conditions and other terms whether express or implied statutory or otherwise concerning your use of this site.
– Your ad is accurate, (if applicable) states opinions that are genuinely held, relevant, legal, decent, honest and truthful and neither the content nor its publication by us breaches anyone’s right to privacy or confidentiality, and does not infringe anyone’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
You agree that:
– We are allowed to use, edit, alter, copy, display or publish (in any online or printed media) and/or remove, or disable access to, ads (and the material contained in your ad), at our discretion and in this regard you grant LANCX a licence to do so which is free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We will usually inform you of any changes or removal, so please check that your contact details are correct each time you place an ad.
If you can not agree to the above, or grant the licence referred to above, please do not submit your ad for posting on the site.
By using this website you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. You agree not to post any copyright material unless the copyright is owned by you.
Considering the real-time nature of the website, it is impossible for LANCX to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. LANCX does not vouch for or give any warranty in relation to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages posted on the website express the views of the author of the message, not the views of LANCX or anyone associated with LANCX.
LANCX has the ability to remove, or disable access to, objectionable messages and we reserve the right to delete, or disable access to, any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless LANCX and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
LANCX may disclose any information, including your identity (or whatever information we know about you) that it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, code, legal process or governmental request providing always LANCX is permitted to do so under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful. Please do not use offensive language. Be constructive and relevant in your response to postings. We will consider removing any posts that other users may find offensive or that we receive complaints about.
- We will not allow racism, sexism, homophobia or other objectionable material in postings.
- If you wish to advertise on the Message Board please follow the on-line procedure for doing so. At present no charge is made.
- We reserve the right to remove, or disable access to, any posts that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings.
- While we realise politics is an important part of local life we will not allow postings which actively encourage, canvass opinion for, or promote allegiance to any political party.
Please remember the web is a forum for anyone and everyone and you do not know who is viewing the site. We strongly advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else such as, home address in postings. We reserve the right to remove such postings from the service. If you wish users to contact you directly, please post your e-mail address.
The use of the site by any minor is subject to the consent of their parent/guardian. LANCX will do its best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Site, and LANCX will decide in each case, at its sole discretion, whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the services available on the Site (including what form of moderation to use) in light of those risks.
– immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any right to use the site;
– immediate, temporary or permanent removal of, or disabled access to, any ads already posted by you to the Site;
– issue of a warning or warnings to you;
– legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
– further legal action against you; and/or
– disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as LANCX reasonably feels is necessary or as required by law.
You shall not assign or delegate any rights or obligations you may have under this agreement.
LANCX shall have the right to assign or transfer any rights and obligations it may have under this agreement to any person.
LANCX may subcontract any obligations it may have under this agreement.
We shall not be liable to you under these terms and conditions, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, exceptionally severe weather, failure or shortage of power supplies, flood, drought, lightning or fire, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, the act or omission of government, highways authorities, other telecommunications operators or administrations or other competent authority, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or riot.
These terms, the site, the contents of the site and all use of it shall be governed by English law, and you and LANCX submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts (save that LANCX may take action in relation to enforcement of its intellectual property rights in any court worldwide). Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. You may not use the LANCX site to do anything that is not lawful in the place where you access the site.